The Clear Quran Dictionary
by Furqan Institute
Dr Mustafa Khattab
Hardback, 520 pages
Introducing the world’s first picture dictionary of the Quran, with the goal of empowering the majority of Muslims (who are not Arabs) to read the Quran in its original, rich Arabic form in just 4-6 months. Five years in the works, this dictionary highlights the connection between all words that share the same root.
- First modern dictionary of the Quran
- Highlights the connection between all derivatives of the same root. So you will learn, for example, what the derivatives of j-n-n have in common (namely, Jannah 'paradise', Jinn, ajinnah 'foetuses', and Majnun 'insane')
- Covers the Quran's 947 verbs, 1045 nouns, and 100 particles arranged by frequency and theme.
- 9-page list of all entries in 242 coupled rhymes, making it easy for students to test their mastery of Quranic words.
- Helps readers master the Quran in about 4-6 months.
- Dictionary based on The Clear Quran translation, which is approved by Al-Azhar and endorsed by the Canadian Council of Imams as well as other scholars.
- The Language of the Quran
- Stylistic Features of this Book
Part One: Verbs with Derivatives and Quasi-Verbs
- Verbs with Derivatives
Part Two: Nouns, Adjectives and Adverbs
- The Unseen
- Family and Health
- The World
- Numbers and Parts
- Time and Place
Part Three: Particles and Other Parts of Speech
- Letters with Meaning
- Miscellaneous Particles
- Questions Words
- Urging and Wishing
- Relative Pronouns
Include something from our Tasbih Beads Collection if you are planning on giving this as a Gift.
Disclaimer: Product images are for illustrative purposes only. Product colour may slightly vary due to photographic lighting or your monitor settings.